Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Stuff

Hola!

Yes, it's been far too long!!!

OK, so first things first. One lovely lady from my Women's Studies Class was so inspired by our class that she's going to Tanzania to volunteer. I am super super impressed by this, and I feel even more inspired to do my tiny bit as well. My thing that I picked up in class that I am doing is buying only fair trade clothing. Perhaps fair trade is a little intense. Anything new must be fair trade (and Lululemon counts, but should be avoided if simple). I will do my best to start with used clothing though. I have a second-hand-store outing planned with my mom for when she comes home. My mom has actually been very green for a very long time, and I just never saw it. Anyways, buying organic/fair trade/used clothing is greener and more socially responsible in my opinion. I will not throw out any of the clothes I have now but I will wear them until I dislike them (in which case I'll donate them) or I'll wear them until they're done for (in which case I'll fix them, make them into something else useful or donate them). For shoes, first priority goes to used and then fair trade, but I will buy new non-sweatshop free shoes if necessary. It's really difficult to find shoes like that. Food is too difficult, but I would like to change that also. It's in the future though. Clothing is tough enough. But I am buying organic food where I can. Same for hygiene stuff. I bought some deodorant today at Community Natural Foods and more shampoo and conditioner. I have some body shop stuff, which is fair trade, but I don't like how it makes my hair. Also, it's really expensive and you don't get much. So I'm excited to try this Canadian stuff I bought today!

Two other things:

First, Amanda and I have been seriously offering on this amazing condo really close to the mall. I really want to buy it. BAD. We looked at the bylaws today. I kind of think we should take both our clans to see it and have a giant discussion with our families. I dunno though.

Also, I went on a few dates with a new boy. His name is Jun and he's really sweet and interesting!

<3

No comments: