Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sad, sad news

Hello all!

I just thought I'd post a little something about a thing that I found out yesterday. I got an email from facebook that said that my sister had invited me to a group called "In Loving Memory of Mr. Munro". Mr. Munro was my most wonderful teacher ever: I had him in grade 5 and grade 6. So, anyways, I guess he had a heart attack on Thursday. So I thought I'd post about it. I think I'll go to the funeral if I can make it (I really just shouldn't miss my final, probably anything else would be missable). Anyways, it's really sad because he was such an awesome teacher and I saw him around a few times, actually just a couple of weeks ago he was at Ticketmaster and we talked for a little while. I'm really glad for that I guess. I thought that maybe I'd toss a few things that I learned from him up here, just for fun:

1) There's no better way to spend post-recess time than on the carpet listening to a book (whether it's amazing like "Where the Red Fern Grows" or that icky pirate book that he read us about cannibals).
2) There's no better way to spend recess than in a fun game of football.
3) You should do your best work every time. And if you don't and you get a chance to redo it, you should do your best a second time.
4) Oldies make work easier.
5) If you act like an idiot, you'll have your desk set up right beside the teacher's desk. I don't think Stephen Lewis got to sit anywhere other than right beside the teacher's desk more than 4 or 5 days that whole year.
6) Learning is better done creatively than via lecture (Academy Awards of writing, presentations, "Home Alone" project)
7) and finally... licorice is the absolute most fitting reward for any good deed, especially participating and helping clean up after school (this was not my idea, but I did it anyways sometimes).

Anyways, there it is. It's a darn shame, that's for sure. I wish I had a picture, and I probably do, I just don't know where......

<3

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Aw, that is sad news.