Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Heat Wave 2007



Oh my goodness... I had an AMAZING long weekend, by the way, but will wait to write about that until I get home (I'm on my lunch break at work) and I can upload my Drumheller pictures!!! Anyways, the point of today's post.... the air conditioning broke in our building on Friday and is STILL BROKEN.... it's supposed to get to 29 degrees today, I think, or 27 maybe.... (my arm was just stuck to the desk from sweating).... it's 25 right now, but in any case... have you ever been on the 9th floor of an office building that has been without air conditioning for the entire hottest 5 days so far this year? MAN!!!! I just keep thinking about the air conditioning song that Klaila and I wrote when we went to Minnesota.... which was FUN times, by the way.... and I think this compares to sitting in the back of that van. Maybe not quite as bad because we have blinds here, but still. It is INTENSE HEAT! I won't be here tomorrow, but I'll be getting my yearly dose of heat stroke at Warped Tour.... But it's supposed to be 31 tomorrow. So I'll be dying at Warped and my mom and our coworkers will be dying here, so I think that's fair, yes? ugh.

Anyways, allow me to share the email that one of the HR ladies sent today...

"There are popsicles and ice cream bars in all the fridges so please help yourself.

We have positioned a number of fans around the 9th and 10th floors to try to help with air circulation.

It is also advisable to keep yourself as hydrated as possible so drink lots of water."

The drinking lots of water part is what tipped me off to, WE SHOULD GO HOME! My mom said she might go home if it got way too hot, so we'll see.... anyways, I'm eating my popsicle in my office and it's fairly satisfying and cooling me down a fair bit. If I finish this baby off and get hot though, I'm eating my mom's and if I'm still hot then, I'll probably go to Macs and buy another one or two! I hope this is fixed by Friday, but if it isn't, I don't think I'll come in at all. We don't have to work the morning cause it's a Sherritt tradition to have parade morning off, but I won't come in for that last 3 hours if it's gonna be like this again.

Hope your days are cooler!!!

<3

No comments: