Thursday, July 10, 2008

Illinois

So today I was on the train, on my way to the university to meet Nattie and I met the most interesting, fantastic train friends! They got on at Victoria Park Stampede station (shock, right?) and they are from the great state of Illinois! I recognized that they had an accent the second they started talking, but I couldn't figure out where it was from. I knew it definitely wasn't Southern and that it wasn't Montana or something right below us, but I figured it was from the middle of the country somewhere. Then they asked me if Earls was a good restaurant and I said yes and they asked if it was very expensive and I said it was maybe a little more expensive than other restaurants like it, but that it was very reasonable. And we talked for a while and I asked them if they were visiting anywhere else while they're here and they said they were going to Banff and Jasper and maybe to Drumheller as well. I said they were both great, great day trips and they asked me questions about the climate and asked when summer starts here (ha ha, not funny) and I told them that it was pretty decent all year and that this is usually our hottest week of the year, blah blah blah. Anyways, I really had fun talking to them, and I didn't even get their names! It was a woman and her husband (whose name was Bob: I know this because it was written on his coat) and their other friend. And they asked me if I was a college student and if I had ever been down to Illinois or the midwest in general and I said no, but I've been to ND and SD and WY and Montana (whose abbreviation I don't know but I probably should). It was just a great time. And then they wished me good luck when I got off the train and I told them to enjoy their visit and stuff. They were just fun fun fun!

The second thing I must post about is that I have a new link on my page! It is to Alex's (my good buddy from work) blog. She is going to Europe soon so it shall tell of her wild adventures! Hooray!

<3

EDIT: I forgot to say that Jord's tattoo appointment went quite well but it was still bandaged up when I saw him so I didn't get to take a peek at it! I saw a little bit of the top and it looked pretty cool, so I'm very happy for him! I still miss his arm but I'm getting used to the tattoo idea really fast!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Isn't Montana MN? Or is that Minnesota? What a mystery!